NCSM Doctoral Student Sales Research Program
IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SALES MANAGEMENT
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27TH – FRIDAY, MARCH 29TH
To encourage and support doctoral student research in personal selling and sales management, the National Conference in Sales Management (NCSM) is pleased to announce that there is a $1000 Doctoral Research Grant available.
Doctoral Student Sales Research Program
Doctoral student papers, empirical or conceptual, related to any selling and/or sales management issue authored solely by current doctoral students in marketing or a closely related field are welcome. Attending author(s) of the best doctoral paper will be awarded a “2019 NCSM Doctoral Fellow” and receive a $1000 research grant. Student presentations will be interspersed throughout competitive paper sessions. Papers should be submitted electronically at: www.ncsmweb.com/doctoral Session co-chairs: Dr. Nathaniel Hartmann at the University of Hawaii (email@example.com) and Dr. Catherine Johnson at the University of Toledo ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
General Rules for submissions to the NCSM Doctoral Student Sales Research Program:
1. The complete paper should be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word format no later than Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Be sure to submit your paper to the appropriate URL on the NCSM website:
2. Please submit one (1) file with author information (names, affiliation, address, phone, and email) confined to the first page only. Please indicate which one author is the key contact for communication. The second page should begin with the manuscript title and abstract.
3. Papers will be reviewed using a double-blind review procedure. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the bodies of the papers (again, names are to be on the first page only). Manuscripts must include a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should adhere to all the manuscript submission guidelines of the Journal of Selling. Maximum length is 30 double-spaced pages, including tables, exhibits, and references. Submissions that exceed 30 pages will be immediately returned to the author for appropriate editing. As another option, authors may submit extended abstracts (~5 pages), which will also be double-blind reviewed (but extended abstracts are highly unlikely to win best paper awards).
4. Each submission will be evaluated on the importance and potential contribution of the sales topic, quality of conceptual development, sampling, methodology, and the managerial relevance of the results. Conceptual research papers, extended abstracts (~5 pages), and works-in-progress are highly welcome and encouraged.
Note: Submissions not accepted for the competitive paper session will be automatically considered for inclusion in the Research Roundtable session, which is an interactive, small-group discussion designed to give authors suggestions and feedback about their research. Authors should inform the session chair (Dr. Greg Rich,email@example.com) if they prefer that their submission be considered exclusively for the Research Roundtable session – otherwise, the submission will first be considered for a competitive paper session.
5. To be considered for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings, a paper or a similar version of it must not (a) have been previously published,
(b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere,
(c) be under an advanced stage (second or higher round) of review publication elsewhere, or
(d) be submitted for review by another conference until such time as it is rejected from this conference.
6. At least one author of an accepted paper must:
(a) appear at the conference to present the paper,
(b) return a properly formatted version of the paper (formatting instructions will be provided to the authors of accepted papers from the Proceedings Editor) to the Proceedings editor for publication in the Proceedings in abstract or full paper version, and
(c) pre-register for the Conference no later than when submitting the final draft of an accepted paper(s).